Friday, June 29, 2012

Have Yourself a Very Vintage Christmas

The next Jingle Belles prompt ~ Vintage Style ~ was suggested by the talented Linda Brun;  you can check out more of her amazing work on her blog.

Linda says, "I have lots of vintage photos and Christmas cards, so I thought Vintage Style would be a great creative theme ... it's a nice way to recycle, and I think the vintage style is perfect for Christmas.  Hope you like the prompt and can't wait so see what you come up with."

In case you don't have any vintage (or vintage-style) goodies in your stash, Linda has graciously provided scans of two vintage holiday cards from her collection (just right-click with your mouse and save the images for printing or editing).




Here are our Vintage Style creations:


Linda says, "I have used one of the vintage cards I have scanned for you. I love the green jacket the boy is wearing. It looks perfect with the xmas paper from Websters Pages.  I cut out the image of the boy and added some layers with vintage paper. Some lace and metal and the card have got the right vintage feel to it.  I have also decorated the card on the inside."


Lauren says, "i found this beautiful snowy church illustration in one of my treasured vintage ideals magazines and combined it with a bunch of cool NEW products made to look quite authentically antique-- like the webster's pages fabric ribbon (thanks leslie!), some k and co snowflake ornaments, and that gorgeous wreath from the christmas labels collage sheet i won at digital paper shop. i used this week's mojo monday sketch to pull everything together, and i'm quite happy with the result!"


Stephanie says, "Last year I bought a pile of scrapbooks at a local estate sale.  When I got home and started looking through them, I realized I had stumbled-upon a treasure trove of vintage cards.  The scrapbooks belonged to a young lady who apparently saved every card she ever received, including wonderful holiday cards from the 40s and 50s.  I disassembled the front of one of the vintage cards, adding foam tape to reattach the Greetings sign (and a few adhesive pearls to embellish).  I love the wonderful aging of the vintage paper (the left side of the card was covered by another card in the scrapbook, so it stayed lighter than the right side which was exposed to the light).  I framed it with several layers of cardstock to keep it clean and simple."


To add a little extra incentive, we have a lovely prize for one randomly selected cardmaker who links up with us this week: a Christmas Ephemera Collage Assortment AND ten dollars worth of products of your choice from Lauren's Etsy Shop, Just Enough Stuff


Lauren has been collecting and crafting with vintage goodies for years, and now you can grab a few for yourself! Why not check out her themed collage packs, eclectic decks of cards, chipboard alphabets, and fun journals, so you'll know just what you'll pick if you're our lucky winner!

Then dig out your own vintage treasures you've been saving for just such an occasion-- whether genuinely old; or made to look that way; or use one of the fabulous images Linda provided above ... to create a holiday card with Vintage Style. Link-up your creations by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, July 11th. The keyword for galleries & our Flickr Group is JB-12-14.

9 comments:

Eveline said...

I like this challenge. I'll start going through my stash to see what I can find.
Eveline.

Lisa said...

Right, I really HAVE to join in this time around! I was just thinking that vintage would be a fun prompt. trying to catch up with other prompts too

Rose said...

beautiful cards ladies!!!

*ok this is a much easier challenge then the last one! LOL ;)

June Houck said...

I love vintage, but it is a tough style for me., which is why I am such a HUGE fan of Linda B!

I am so thrilled to see her as a guest designer at JB :)

Lisa said...

I hope you don't mind, but I've managed to catch up with the prompts and have linked up some of the cards I've made from prompt #10 and in lieu of prompt #11 (I don't need gift card cards!)

I also have one vintage card made so far but I'll catch up with the others before I get that up and linked!

Glad to be back :-)

Electra said...

Vintage Style is the PERFECT theme! And I ADORE Linda's card!

Anonymous said...

all beautiful cards! you sure know how to challenge us. :)
linda

Lisa said...

Ok, I promise that was the last of the catch up links! The next one will be a vintage - promise ;-)

Mynn xx said...

Thank you for the fabulous challenge! LOVE the DT creations--this was so fun! :)