Friday, November 2, 2012

Do You Sketch What I Sketch?

We are thrilled to have returning lovely guest star Allison Fillo with us at Jingle Belles this week ... and she also provided a fantastic sketch to inspire us.

Allison manages a team of writers, trainers and curriculum developers by day and wild jackals by night (AKA as her children, Tristan, Charlotte and Avery). When she does get to venture into her craft room she enjoys cardmaking, scrapbooking and designing periodic sketch challenges for the Playing in Paradise Challenge.

If you're looking for sketch ideas, the first place to stop each week is Allison's blog Stampin' When I Can, where she has a post that compiles links to the various sketch challenges around the blogosphere (that also shows a thumbnail of the sketches if you're looking for something specific).

Here's your holiday card sketch:


and here are our sketch card designs:


Allison says, "My card features rich color tones and fun button embellishments ... with a touch of  glitter for some holiday sparkle."


Stephanie says, "I decided I wanted to use some Basic Grey holiday papers this week, so the snowman background paper is where my design began ... I thought this fun Savvy Stamps Snowman fit right in with that motley snowman crew ... I paper-pieced his scarf leaving the ends loose, so it looks like the scarf is blowing in the wind."

Lauren says, "i've held on to this beautiful over-sized piece of german scrap for several years, waiting for just the right idea to come along, and when i saw allison's gorgeous sketch it was the very first thing i thought of! since it is so nice and big, i really didn't need much else to flesh out my 6x6" card... just some basic grey "jovial" papers, a little bit of vintage foreign text paper, and some musical themed tape to fill in all the shapes of the sketch, and i was all set!"

Upload your sketchy cards by 6pm (EST) on Wednesday, November 14th using keyword JB12-23 for galleries & our Jingle Belles Flickr Group.

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Awesome sketch and cards!

Leslie Hanna said...

Squeeee! A sketch! *happy dance*

Lisa said...

hey there girls! I've been missing a LONG time, far too long in fact but I'm hoping that I'm back for the sprint to the finish line. I want to go back and catch up on the missing prompts (way too many of them I'm sure!) but this sketch is particularly eye catching so maybe I'll start here and work back instead.

I've missed you :-(

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracey said...

Your blog says this challenge is open to Nov. 14 but your link expires in less than 2 days. Which one is the correct date?
Thanks, Tracey

Lisa said...

linking up prompt #22 - hope that's ok.

Thanks for all you do guys! I love the motivation and inspiration I find over here - missed you over the summer!

Rose said...

LOVED this sketch!!!! awesome cards ladies :)

Engelchen said...

Hello,

I want to be a follower but it dont work :(
Please can you help??
I did gif me card already,

Thanks
Engelchen