Friday, June 19, 2015

The 12 Days of Cardstock

As you probably guessed by the title, our current prompt is celebrating CARDSTOCK.

We're asking you to step away from the designer paper ... yes, put it away, there is none allowed ... not even a scrap.  This prompt is to create a card without pre-made patterned paper, getting as creative as you'd like with CARDSTOCK, instead. You can tear it, ink it, stamp it, spray it, emboss it ... You can add whatever embellishments you'd like on top ... but all the paper you use for this holiday card design should be cardstock!

Here's what we made this week:


Lauren says, "I'm pretty sure *everyone* knows how much I love patterned paper, so this kind of prompt most definitely makes me put on my thinking cap! But that's the great thing about challenges and prompts... they force us to move out of our comfort zone and be really creative. For this card, I used two coordinating shades of purple Core'dinations cardstock to make a hand-pieced harlequin pattern (more details on my blog) that I then embossed, sanded, and embellished with some clear chunky glitter. Fortunately, there is no restriction on embellishments, so I piled a few goodies on top, including a reindeer die-cut from some very thin wood veneer!"



Stephanie says, "I love creating with cardstock ... I pulled out some neglected Woodblock Stamps and used this weeks Sweet Sunday Sketch and colors from The Paper Players."

So break out the cardstock ... whole sheets or scraps ... and get festive.  We can't wait to see what you create.

Cards need to be linked-up by no later than 6pm EST on Wednesday, July 1st.  Use keyword JB:15:13 for our Flickr Group and other galleries.


5 comments:

Marianne said...

Such a fun prompt and wonderful inspiration. Like Stephanie, I most often create without any DP, so this one should be a breeze lol.

Lisa said...

Great challenge! I do use DSP often so I may have to think about this one a bit!

Karen Petitt said...

Thanks for a fab challenge and gorgeous inspirations x

Electra said...

Your cards are always so pretty, no matter what the challenge is!!

Lorraine said...

I don't know how I missed the last two weeks! Ack! Well, at least I didn't wait til the last minute. Ladies, you are very inspiring indeed. And I am certain to be mucho grateful in December for all the work you put into prodding us all along. And especially for sharing such beautiful work.